Follow Us on Twitter!

Like Us on Facebook!


Breaking News

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Is Splatoon Actually an MOBA?

Hey Gamers!

So as we all know Splatoon is out and I have been playing it like crazy, maybe you've seen me online. My username is "Burly"... surprised? Well needless to say I have been playing it a lot during my free time which is rare these days between trying to set up having two jobs (yeah I'm becoming one of those people with TWO jobs... lol) During a lot of my Turf War matches I have noticed something quite interesting, in my honest opinion I think Splatoon in an MOBA shooter and hear me out. Has anyone realized that in games like LOL and Smite there is a lot of emphasis on lanes and different classes? Well, Splatoon plays a lot like that. The rollers are a lot like the heavy classes and are meant to be in front to pave a paint path for the machines guns to follow behind and the chargers are mostly used as sniper rifles and can hunt from afar. Yes, the game plays like a shooter but to win in Turf War using MOBA tactics is very effective, even though there isn't really much jungling and every character doesn't have four skills that level up but everyone does have an ultimate and a secondary. I know I don't really make a good argument because I haven't played a lot of MOBAs but for the little bit I played I personally think Splatoon feels more like an MOBA than a shooter like Call of Duty. Also, there is a new weapon class coming out that uses a paint brush, I'm not a hundred percent sure how it will play, but that could be like a melee class like the roller but is faster or something. 

Do you have any thoughts on this topic? I'd love to hear your side or what you think of Splatoon. Please leave all comments in the section below! Also, if you want to add me as a friend and play Splatoon just add me and send me a message! Remember to keep on playing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By